There are huge changes under the hood resulting in a lot of new and great features:
- Support of "Google Apps for Business" domains
- Support for a large amounts of users (some organizations backing up more than 10,000 accounts)
- Full support of Google Drive
- Optional Command line interface: BackupGoo now can run headless on a server, e.g. you can create a cron job on your server and stay safe every day! read more: BackupGoo 5 - setting up the command line
- Ultra fast parallel backups: With BackupGoo 5 its possible to backup more than one account at the same time. This is results in dramatic performance improvements when doing a backup of multiple accounts! Eead more: BackupGoo 5 - tuning backup speed via parallel backups
- Support via the latest and most secure technology - OAuth2: Google migrates the authorization from a ClientLogin (login with password and username) to OAuth2. Due to the deprecation of the ClientLogin last year, we release BackupGoo 5 with a completely new authorization system based on OAuth2. read more:
For all users who already use a prior version of BackupGoo, please deinstall the old version and download the BackupGoo 5. There are some major changes that prevent a upgrade without new install - sorry for this inconveniences. And of course, your license key will work also in the new version!
Last but not least - a big thanks to all beta tester and all the people waited patiently with lots of suggestions for the release!
As always - we are interested in feedback to make BackupGoo even better - let us know what you think!
Your BackupGoo Team